Friday, June 6, 2008

Improving Mind, Body, and Surroundings

I swore to myself once school let out that I would be the world's best and most dedicated blogger...well that didn't happen. I will admit though that today is the first time that I've really had any down time at home. I've been finishing the yearbook, working out, and at a workshop this week.

Graduation was a week ago...I miss my seniors already! I went in to work last Saturday and worked on finishing up the yearbook. I had Senior ads pages and graduation pages to make. I completed and proofed all the pages! I mailed it off on Wednesday morning. The worry that has lifted off of me is like nothing else! The publishing company will mail me proofs in a couple weeks before final printing begins. Finishing my first year teaching is kind of bittersweet. I'm exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time. It was the hardest work I've ever done in my entire life but I have never enjoyed a job more. I'm enjoying the time off and my mind is finally clearer than it has been in a while. I guess I don't do stress well. It consumes all I do so I never relax. Hopefully this summer I will have a chance to recharge.

I renewed my contract with Eden for another year about a month and a half ago. I'm still struggling with my decision a little bit though because of the cost of gas and a few other things. Driving back and forth costs so much! I easily spend more than $400 a month on gas. I've been thinking about trading my Tahoe for a car but Kevin is completely against it. It is the only vehicle we own (Kevin drives a work truck) and he does not want it to be a small car. I do not want to get rid of my Tahoe but I can't stand spending such a large chunk of my paycheck on gas. Kevin wishes that I worked closer or didn't work at all. He was so patient with all of the time I spent at school this year. It was rare that I came home before 6 most days.

Kevin worked this weekend on our flowerbed and it looks amazing! He put down mulch and planted flowers and small shrubs. He is very good at that kind of stuff and has an eye for landscaping. We have been preparing to do a lot of work on our house. Kevin's brother is supposed to lay tile in our dining room, kitchen, living room, hallway, 2 bathrooms (both floors and walls), and front entry. We have pulled up the carpet and been living on concrete floors for a while now. We still have to finish pulling the linoleum in the kitchen and do some extensive leveling in the dining area. It will be a lot of work but I know I will love it after it is all done with.

I'm still working out and going to Weight Watchers. I lost 3 pounds week before last but only 1.8 this week. Small victories I guess. I sure was hoping for 3 again because I wanted to hit my 10 pound loss mark this week but I missed it by .6. I'm at 9.4 pounds lost right now. Lacy and I have been going to the gym early in the morning now that school is out. I'm really enjoying getting to go with her. I'm hoping the weight loss will pick up now that I can work out everyday and for a longer period of time. Well my wonderful mother has come into town and we are going to go do a little looking around town. Until I'm back to ramble again...
Love,
Katy

0 comments: