Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Standard Teaching Certificate!!!

Well I have some good news! As of today I am completely totally certified on a standard texas teaching certificate! I completely finished my teaching certification! I'm very relieved and excited! I feel like I graduated from college all over again! This year teaching was harder than college ever was but it was 100 times more fulfilling! That is what makes my decision about staying in Eden next year even harder to make. Speaking of which...

I went to Eden yesterday morning. I wanted to talk to my principal, Mr. Siler. He is a wonderful principal and I needed to let him know what I have been dealing with. I was able to talk with him about gas costs and time to take care of myself. He said that I did a great job this last year and they would hate to lose me. He also said he would support me in any decision that I make and he completely understands. He said that I have to make the decision that will be the best for me and my career in the long run. That makes me feel better but I still have guilt about leaving. I'm lucky I found a job when I did and there are probably many others who are having problems finding jobs. I've been praying constantly about the right decision and substituting next year seems so right. What I really want in my life is to get healthy so I can enjoy life and someday be able to have children. I don't want to spend the next year working tons of hours again and not taking care of myself. I cannot have children at my current weight and state of health. I have to make that the priority. I'm going to make my decision and call Mr. Siler tomorrow. Pray for me to make the best decision.

Kevin and I visited Belmore Baptist Church on Sunday. It seemed like a pretty nice place. Not too big but not too small. The regular pastor wasn't there so I was kinda disappointed by that but it was okay. I didn't see very many young couples either. I really wanted to meet other people our age. I'm hoping we can visit again sometime when the regular pastor is there and see what sunday school classes they offer.

I've actually been feeling pretty sick this week. The medicine my doctor put me on to regulate my hormones has really kicked in and I feel like crap! It should get better as times goes on but for now this is ridiculous! It has made me feel so bad that I haven't even been to work out this week. I'm going to go tomorrow and see if maybe it will make me feel better.

I'm sure I'll be back to write tomorrow but for now...I'm going to bed! Good night!
Love,
Katy

0 comments: