Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Milestone

Well this has been a busy week! I'm exhausted and there is still one day left! I'll start with the most important news...
I have a happy milestone today! I just got home from the Weight Watchers meeting this week and I lost 3.6 pounds this week! That is absolutely amazing! I hit exactly 20 pounds of weight loss this week! I'm very excited! I've been craving Ichibans for days and wanted to go celebrate since I have 27 points left for dinner but no one could go with me tonight. My mom said that we will go celebrate tomorrow! I don't really feel any different yet with the exception that exercise is getting easier I guess but I haven't really noticed a difference in clothes or how I feel yet. My clothes were pretty tight before so maybe they are just actually fitting now! ha

The last time I blogged was Monday so lets start with Tuesday! On Tuesday morning I got up bright and early to pick up Lacy and Marlayna. We drove out to Bronte and picked up Cassandra and Tasha then headed out for Abilene! We were going shopping for bridesmaids dresses...dum dum duuuummmm...overall I'd say it was a good day. After trying on pretty much every dress in the store leaving and then coming back we finally all agreed on a dress! It is a plain black strapless dress with a pink ribbon. Lacy tried on a couple of dresses and found two she liked. She hadn't planned on looking at dresses but they said we would get a discount if she bought hers first so she decided to look. She got kinda frustrated because half of the people there liked one dress and the other half liked another. Finally she just decided against both and we ordered our dresses anyway. She looked beautiful in both of them. We had a good time talking and comparing dresses. I looked like crap in pretty much everything but at least we found something. I was worried I wouldn't fit into anything at all. When I got home I had a message from Stormy on myspace. She and Henry had gone up to the school and their principal told them that their BCIS teacher had resigned. They didn't know if they were going to replace her yet but he said if they knew anybody good to get their resume so they called me! Isn't that nice?! I'm not going to get my hopes up since they haven't actually posted the job but it does kinda seem like a blesssing! Christoval is only 20 miles from my house when Eden was 48 miles. It is still a drive but it takes me the same amount of time to drive to Christoval as it does across town. I'm also still worried if driving will cause my weight loss to slow down but I'm not going to freak out about it until the job is actually open. I emailed the principal my resume and he was really nice and said that he would certainly let me know if the job opened up and would keep in touch with me. So I'm just going to have this attitude that if it happens...it happens...if it doesn't...it doesn't...no big deal. If God means for it to be it will happen.

Yesterday I did a couple of things around the house and then ate lunch with Rebecca, Delese, and Brittany (one of my previous students). We ate at Double Dave's pizza so I was really concerned but I limited how many pieces I allowed myself and waited a long time before eating each piece. After lunch I worked out for a long time. I did 2 1/2 miles on the bicycle and 2 miles on the eliptical. When I got home Marlayna called and we were talking about substituting for next year and wedding stuff. She made me feel a lot less nervous about substitute teaching. It was really nice that she answered all my questions! We decided to go swimming later at my brother's house. It was so much fun! We got to talk with Maddie slept and then Marlayna, Kevin, and I played with Maddie in the pool. We made ourselves so hungry swimming that we went to Taco Bell afterward...I hadn't been there in forever since I'm dieting but had been craving it for weeks. We didn't go over board and it tasted soooo good. I got sick later that evening but I've come to expect that. That is why I have to have the colonoscopy...ugh!

That brings us back to today...I've been on the phone ALL DAY LONG! We've been trying to figure out when to have Lacy's wedding shower and lingerie shower. Since Lacy works weekends it has made it a little hard but we were finally able to agree on a day and get some stuff accomplished. Now we just have to find a day for the lingerie shower. I'm going to handle invitations so I can make sure they get out. My colonoscopy was also causing scheduling problems because it was right in the middle of August so I decided to take a chance and just call the doc to see if they could get me in earlier. This was also a little motivated from getting sick last night. I called and the nurse said they could get me in next Thursday the 17th! I'm not excited but I'm kinda glad to be getting it over with and now we don't have to worry about scheduling around it. I also filled out my application to substitute teach today. I just have to get a copy of my transcript from ASU and then I can turn it in. I know I haven't covered everything in the past few days but my hands are getting tired...he he...I'm sure I'll be back sometime soon...
Until I'm back to ramble again...
Love,
Katy

0 comments: