Friday, January 23, 2009

Crock Pot Roast

Crock Pot Roast

Ingredients
1 1/2 - 2 lb Rump Roast
8 medium russett potatos - peeled and halved
1 1/2 cup baby carrots
1/4 cup flour
1 Lipton Onion Soup Packet
salt, pepper, garlic salt

Rinse roast with water and place in the crock pot. Season roast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. I always tend to underseason so I've been making myself really cover my meats when cooking. Sprinkle roast with the flour making sure it is entirely covered. Then top roast with contents of the Lipton Onion Soup packet. It works best to cook the roast for awhile before adding the carrots and potatos. I started it on the low temperature setting for about 1 1/2 hours then dropped in potatos and carrots on top of the roast. I cooked mine while I was at work so it cooked on low for about 6 1/2 hours then on high for 2 hours after work. I guess my total was about 8 1/2 hours. It really depends on your crock pot. I really need a new one. You know the roast is ready when it can be pulled apart easily with a fork and the carrot and potatos are soft!!! Yum!

0 comments: