Friday, February 27, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request

I just heard that one of my students from last year, a sweet boy named John Weslee, is on life support in a hospital in San Antonio. Wednesday morning JW woke up with numbness in his fingers, arms, and legs. He has been diagnosed with Guillan-Barre Syndrome which is a life threatening illness where the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system eventually causing paralysis. It hit him quickly. John Weslee is a junior this year and a fantastic basketball player. I have hope because my grandfather survived this illness but please pray for his healing and for peace for his friends. He has a lot of very scared very stressed out friends worried about him right now. These kids are already stressed with TAKS tests coming next week and now I know they are really upset. Please also pray for patience for John Weslee because recovery is a very long and hard process. My grandfather was in the hospital paralyzed for 6 months during 1995. He survived but had to have physical therapy to learn to walk again. Please add him to your prayer lists.
Thanks,
Katy
PS I'm feeling much better than I was but I'm still pretty sick. The chest congestion is finally almost gone but it has turned into a serious sinus infection and sore throat. I'm starting my second round of antibiotics today. The antibiotic is really strong and make me feel kinda weak and dizzy but I actually slept all night last night!

0 comments: