Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shame on me...

Well I just remembered that I forgot to post some huge news! Shame on me!!!

Kevin has reached his goal weight at Weight Watchers! He has lost 56.8 lbs! He will now stay on maintenance for 6 weeks and then become a life member. Once you are a life member you can still go to meeting but you don't have to pay! Yay!

I'm so proud of him! He really has done a good job and has helped me so much. On the day he reached goal I officially jumped over the 40 lb mark. I have lost 40.4 lbs total. I've still got a LONG way to go though before I reach goal.

Kevin has actually been at this weight for the last several months but has been trying to lose just a few more pounds. He talked to his doctor who said that he needed to stay at the weight he was. Apparently he wasn't losing because his body doesn't need to be there and if he had lost it he probably would've gained right back to this weight again. We started Weight Watchers at the very end of April and he reach this weight in November so it took him 7 months. I've been just a pound or so under forty since November also.

Thanksgiving really got us out of our habits and we hit a plateau. I'm really struggling to get back on track. I've been cooking more at home to save money and that hasn't been always good. I'm not very good at estimating portion size. I do really good at breakfast and lunch but dinner is my downfall. I also haven't been to the gym in FOREVER... I've actually been maintaining my weight really well but without working out it just isn't coming off.

Next week I'm going to go to the gym at least 3 times! That is my goal! Kinda a crazy goal considering I have a big assignment due, work, have a doctor appointment on wednesday, and I'm subbing for San Angelo and Eden next week but I will get it done!

I also received my updated teaching certificate this week! It shows all three of my certification areas and makes me very happy!

In honor of Kevin's great achievement I'm going to post some before and after pictures of him!

Before:
This 1st picture was taken on the beach in Cozumel while Kevin and I were on our cruise.



The second before picture was taken almost exactly a year ago on Kevin's 27th birthday. He will turn 28 on March 19! The change is amazing!



After:
The 1st after picture was actually taken last November but it was right when Kevin reached this weight and he looks amazing in it! I have the world's sexiest husband!



The second after picture is of Kevin in January 2009! After losing all that weight he was able to fit back into his Dress Blues!



Congratulations Kevin! I love you so much and I'm so proud of you!!!

0 comments: