Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The inevitable question...

You know the inevitable question...the one that people are always going to ask as soon as they get any piece of information. It isn't really one question. It could be any of a number of questions but they are always asked as soon as we divulge information. I know this is vague and ambiguous so I'll give examples...

I'm pregnant...when are you due?
I'm a war veteran/policeman...have you killed people?
I'm from Texas...Do you have horses?
I'm getting married...when is the big day?

There are always inevitable questions. When I tell people that I teach computers to 3 year olds and 4 year olds and kindergarteners through 8th graders there is always the inevitable question...What can you teach a 3 year old or 4 year old to do on a computer??? When I explain that they actually can do quite a bit on computers people just can't believe it. We underestimate the abilities of our children so much! Almost to the extent that we hold them back instead of encouraging some of the amazingly creative things they can do. So when I saw this commercial awhile back I was thrilled! Maybe this will open the eyes of America that our kiddos can do great things not just even at a young age but maybe even better at a young age.

1 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

My daughter just turned 2 and she is doing really well with the computer. There are so great educational programs out there for working on mouse skills, keyboard skills and learning basics like letters and numbers!