Monday, April 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 4/13/09



Monday-Easter Dinner Leftovers YUM!
Tuesday-Chicken Alfredo Penne Pasta (I'm going to grill strips of chicken and boil the pasta and make an alfredo sauce that was mentioned here! We'll see how this goes!)
Wednesday-Duggar Family Tater Tot Casserole (I copied the recipe from their website and placed it below. I believe I will be cutting this recipe in half. LOL)
Thursday-Chicken Stroganoff (I actually bought the red wine to use in this recipe. I have NEVER cooked with alcohol before so we'll see how this goes.)
Friday-Parmesan Crusted Porkchops (I've posted a link to this before but these are quickly becoming a new favorite of ours! After I made them last time I was flipping through my Weight Watchers magazine and found the SAME RECIPE! The only difference was to use egg white instead of whole eggs. We will be making them the WW way this time!)

Things have been a little crazy lately. It has even been hard to find time for grocery shopping but I've still been planning our meals each week even though I haven't been posting. It saves so much time to know exactly what I'm going to cook and I actually look forward to cooking each night! Our grocery bill has been less and the shopping every week is easier than the way I used to shop! I was telling my mom the other day how much of a major shift our eating has taken. We have a side by side fridge/freezer in our kitchen and a stand up deep freeze in our garage. It used to be that our fridge had barely anything in it while the freezer side and our deep freeze were just bursting at the seams. We ate so much pre processed frozen food to save time. Now both of our freezers are almost bare and our fridge is stuffed! We are eating so much more fresh food including fresh fruits and vegetables!

Duggar Family Tater Tot Casserole
2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained
3 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken
Brown meat & place in large cass. dish.
Cover with tater tots. Mix soup & milk together.
Pour over top. Bake at 350 for 1 Hour.
Makes 2- 9”X13” pans

0 comments: