Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Banana Nut Bread

I had some bananas that were getting a little too ripe today so I called my mom for her Banana Nut Bread recipe! Some of my favorite memories were when she would make it and we would get to have it for breakfast! Yum!

Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 bananas (mashed)

Dry Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Optional
1 Cup Pecans

In one medium mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Then add eggs, vanilla, and bananas.

In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. I mix them together well using a fork.

Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredient mixture until completely incorporated.
Next I added 1 cup chopped pecans but this is optional. I love the crunch!

Bake @ 350 degrees in a loaf pan for 50 minutes. My oven has been on the fritz so I ended up having to cook it at 325 degrees for an additional 25 minutes to get the inside completely cooked. My oven does not have a very good reputation so just make sure you cook until the outside is brown and a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.

0 comments: