Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Opinions Needed!

I've enjoyed all the wonderful encouraging comments on my blogs! Thanks to everyone so much for reading and commenting! I was always so scared to hear what people would have to say about my thoughts and y'all were so nice! My doctor's appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist is not until July 21st. That is the earliest they could get me in. I'm just trying my hardest to do good on my weight loss until we get to go see her.

My hair has gotten really really long right now. At least longer than I have had it in several years. It just hangs flat against my head even when I try to fix it. This is also partly due to the fact that it has gotten MUCH thinner than it was when I was younger. One of the effects of PCOS is thinning hair and in the last year it has really hit. Another reason I really need to get to the doctor about all of this. I love to be able to put my hair in a pony tail during the summer but the rest of the time it does nothing! Since I graduated from high school my hair has gotten cut off almost every summer because I can't stand it making my neck hot. Not way short since I have a fat face but higher than my shoulders.

I was watching Food Network yesterday and liked Rachel Ray's haircut in one of her episodes. I paused the show (GOTTA LOVE DVR!) and took a picture of it with my cell phone. I think it will be too short for a pony tail but I like it.

I'm going to post the picture so you can give your opinion. It isn't great quality...remember it was taken with a cell phone on a paused television set.
What do y'all think? Yes or No?





We have had a very lazy day around this house. Kevin has been working non stop this last week... all while he had FINALS! They did like 10 water damages this week alone and about an hour ago he had to leave to go work on 6 apartments that had flooded. He is exhausted from school and working so much. One job they did this week was a 3 hour drive away! A 6 hour commute!

I don't have reason to complain about being tired except I really don't sleep well when Kevin is gone. If he was going to be gone for the entire night I do better. But I think when I know he will get home in the middle of the night and I will get woken up in a few hours my body just revolts! It takes forever to fall asleep and then when I do...I wake up almost every hour like I'm waiting for the garage to open and him say he's home.

We did get a little accomplished today but not a ton. Kevin mowed the grass and checked on jobs and I worked out on the elliptical, changed the sheets on the beds, and looked up recipes. The girls (my puppies) slept most of the day! Sometimes I will let Reese get in my bed after I get up in the morning and if I don't watch...she'll stay in there all day! One time I had to make her get up at 7 in the evening. She stayed curled up under the blankets all day and didn't even get up to go to the bathroom! The girls all are going to "the spa" on monday to get groomed. "The spa" is what we call the vets office. Gracie is the only one that actually gets groomed. The other two just get baths and their nails trimmed. A special treat for rotten girls!!!

I'm so very proud of Kevin because he did so well during his first semester of college! Not only did he recieve an award for Outstanding Student in English he also made an A in all 4 of his classes! All while working full time! He is such an amazing man and I'm very lucky to have a husband like him! I love you and am so proud of you sweetheart!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the hair.

And, I was going to tell you how to do 3 columns, but... YOU DID IT! ha ha...

Hope you had a great weekend!

Katy said...

Hey Katy!
I stumbled upon your blog via "my charming kids". Just wanted to mention that I'm also a Katy, who is married to a Kevin! Isn't that funny?!
P.S. I've also had many visits to an reproductive endocronologist (due to endometriosis). Nice to meet you!