Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

My last pre-k class of the day just left my classroom. As she was leaving, the sweetest curly blonde haired, blue eyed little 3 year old girl just told me that she loved me and that this weekend was Mother's Day. I said "Yes ma'am, make sure you tell your mommy you love her." She replied by asking "who's mommy are you Mrs. Johnson?" I said "I'm not anyones mommy yet Riley but I will be someday." She said "Then you'll be a good mommy someday Mrs. Johnson and then you'll get presents." I replied, "I know sweetie...I know."

Why does this sweet conversation just break my heart?

2 comments:

JMMSchoenfield said...

Awww...what a sweet girl, and she's right someday you will be a good mommy!

KAJ said...

I Am Here With You, You ARE NOT ALONE! When the time is right, God will give us the most precious children in the world and you will be a wonderful mother. Do NOT give up. I love you and I look foward to that day, whenever that might be, and God only knows because it is on HIS schedual not ours.