Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chicken Divan



I made the Chicken Divan last night and it was wonderful! We definately loved it. I kind of reminds me of Ritz Chicken Casserole but it has a very different taste. I think it might be even better if the mayonnaise was replaced with sour cream! Not sure how it would affect the points though! I'm going to type up the recipe now.

1 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
3 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
2- 10 1/2 oz cans condensed Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup fat free mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 1/2 oz of Wheat Thins Toasted Chips Garden Valley Veggie, crushed
2/3 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. I boiled the chicken at the same time I boiled the chicken for the Chicken Squares earlier this week and then stuck it in the fridge. It was a great time saver! The original recipe called for fresh broccoli florets to be steamed but I just bought a bag of the microwaveable Bird's Eye Steamfresh Broccoli florets and used that. Another timesaver! Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. After steaming the florets scatter them over the chicken. In a small bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Pour mixture over top of chicken and broccoli. In another small bowl combine crushed crackers, cheddar cheese, and melted butter. Stir with a fork to coat the crackers and cheese. Pour cracker mixture on top of the sauce and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

0 comments: