Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I have a confession to make...

I am a cell phone-aholic! There I said it!

For the longest time (well forever) when it comes to technology I've always want the biggest, fastest, newest a person could get. I get serious cell phone envy when I think about a phone that can do something mine can't do.

Since 2007, I have had:
-a cheap blue camera phone
-a cheap red Motorola with no camera
-a red Motorola Razr
-a Blackberry Pearl
-a Blackberry Curve
-a cheap black nokia phone.

Yes, I realize that I have a problem.

Mind you remember that I did have 2 cell phone carriers (AT&T and Alltel) and carried two cell phones during that time though. (My original, Alltel, only worked in San Angelo...not Eden. So I had to get another service.) At long last...last November...I thought we had found a cure. The iPhone!



We all have coping mechanisms. When I come across that brand new piece of mind blowing technology that I can't afford...I convince myself I don't want it. I didn't want an iPhone, didn't need an iPhone, wasn't going to get an iPhone until... well you can read about it in this post.

Well so I got one...and FELL IN LOVE! I don't know what I ever did before I had this phone. I can find information and phone numbers in an instant using the internet. It enables my blogging, myspace, and facebook addictions nicely. I have all the music I want on hand at any point in time! I've also cut down the weight in my purse by quite a bit. (I used to carry around my cell phone, my video iPod, and my iPod shuffle at all times! That was nice and bulky!) I haven't even looked at another cell phone since or even read any reviews from www.phonedog.com like I used to do quite often.

That is until the horrible company that is Apple announced they were coming out with a new iPhone! A better one! The 3GS...Oh how could they! If they only knew how they were ruining the peace I had finally found at last! And so I've been pouting...quite noticably Kevin would say. I noticed my ears perking up when I heard Apple commercials on TV and then the next thing I knew...I was onto my old habit...the phonedog.com rumor and news blog. Then yesterday I went to read a post on the blog of a sweet girl named Tyly and found THIS.

Oh how excited I was! Someone had actually gotten one! That lasted all of about 2 seconds before the pout set back in. I was starting to depise my old, ugly, pitiful iPhone 3G. No folks...I'm still not done.

So this morning I wake up to my old, ugly, pitiful iPhone 3G and have a new email. It's from Apple and its notifying me of the free update that is available for my phone. All I have to do is connect my phone to iTunes to install the update and all of the sudden it will become a neato, wowza, yea haw "iPhone 3G almost S!" I can now forward text messages, cut, copy, paste, record voice memos, email voice memos, use stereo bluetooth, use MMS messaging(at the end of summer), and text ridiculously fast using a new wide screen large button keyboard!!!

It was a miracle! I was saved! I did a happy dance and flew to my office to update as fast as I could! With the iPhone updates its like I'm getting a new phone every few months...without the expense!!! Now don't get me wrong...it doesn't have the larger memory, larger battery, video camera, or compass that the 3GS has but thats ok. I can live without those. Finally a phone that can satisfy my ever roaming eye. Once again my iPhone is shiny, new, neato, wowza and ever so intriguing! And I once again can shop peacefully again without the green eyed monster of "I WANT THAT!" rearing its ugly head! Best Buy...Here I come!

Now when it comes to computers...well I'm still looking for a 12 step program for that addiction! But they do say that admiting you have a problem is the first step so at least I'm on the road to recovery!!!

2 comments:

* Tyly * said...

HAHA! This post made me laugh out loud, because it is sooooo ME! I always want the best and fastest out there! In fact I was already wondering when they will come out with the iPhone 3GZ? 4G? Haha! I'll tackle what when it happens. Hopefully I'll be able to use the updates like you when that time comes.

I CAN'T BELIEVE all the things this phone can do. It's INSANE! I don't know how I ever lived without it.

I do have a question... I went to the blogger site, and I couldn't figure out how to post a bog from it. Is there an app you use? Enlighten me, please!! :-)

* Tyly * said...

'post a blog' -- oops!

I love how when I type a bunch of gibberish on my phone, and it ALWAYS knows exactly what I'm, trying to say! Now matter how crazy my word is (my fingers often hit the wrong letter), the phone always fixes it! I'm in love.