Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 8/9/09


Well I'm back to menu planning after a little bit of a hiatus. As I've mentioned before, my doctor has taken me off of weight watchers and put me on a low glycemic index based diet or basically the south beach diet. I've been struggling to acclimate to this new diet but today I found a website with several recipe suggestions that I think are going to be a great help. It will be a busy week with starting my new job but I was able to get my grocery shopping done tonight and it should go well.

Monday:White Chicken Chili (I've done a white chicken chili before that I love but this is a South Beach Version.)
Tuesday:Mixed-Up Casserole
Wednesday:President's Chicken
Thursday:Joe's Special
Friday:Mock Cheese & Broccoli Bake (This one is only if I can find spaghetti squash at HEB. They didn't have it at Walmart. If I can't find it...then its Chicken Georgia. Who knew my old favorite was South Beach Friendly!)

I'm still trying to figure this diet out. So far I've just been eating the same thing everyday but hopefully this will make it more bearable. These actually sound pretty good!

3 comments:

Rona's Home Page said...

I love the Internet. Theres so many great resources out their for special diets.
You have a terrific menu planned

Becky said...

You are such a good planner....I hate that never ending question "what's for dinner tonight?" and we go back and forth over and over!!! I may steal some of your recipes!

Little Mrs Domestic said...

South beach really isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We are on the 4th week and hubbie has lost 28 Ibs! My story isn't quite as exciting, Only 7 Ibs but I know there are differences factoring in with him being male, having more to lose, etc.

You can do it!!!