Sunday, October 25, 2009

So I wanted to make breakfast burritos this morning...

I walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge, and started mentally going over what I would need to make them. Eggs...check, cheese...check, sausage...check, tortillas...ugh oh. No tortillas! I started to pout and told Kevin that I couldn't make burritos because of lack of tortillas. He asked if the sausage was already cooked. Huh? I was confused. I said no. He said, "well how are you going to cook it?" This is the point where I turned to point at the stove and saw this...



Ugh! I still do not have an oven or stove which in my sleepy stupor I completely forgot. If you'll remember, we had the great kitchen fire of 2009 where a great cake recipe turned into this...



Our oven hasn't been cooking correctly for a while and the cake was just the final straw. Kevin took the oven to a repair shop in town early last week to try and get it repaired. Friday it STILL was not ready. They MAY work on it Monday afternoon. Needless to say it has been microwaved frozen dinners or eating out for us this week and I'm sick of it.

I'm really considering replacing ALL of our kitchen appliances. We bought them brand new in 2006 and the fridge has broken twice, now the oven, and the microwave will only work on one power level. Once we fix everything I want to list the range, refrigerator, dishwasher (from previous owner), and microwave for sale. I've been trying to look at the cost of appliances though and they are just so expensive. I really want stainless steel appliances but the cost! So while I'm moping about the cost of appliances I see that Mckmama and Stephanie are reviewing gorgeous refrigerators that they were given for free! PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A REFRIGERATOR! I really want to get the fridge that they got but I'm sure it is out of my price range. They are offering the chance to win a $200 gift card to best buy and I'm going to enter. Head on over and enter yourself AND you can donate an appliance to me if you feel like it. :)

0 comments: