Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Decade in Review

Updated: I remembered a few more things!

Ashley at The Happy Little Home wrote a neat post about her decade "in review". I thought it was a great idea and wanted to steal it for my own. It was pretty difficult to remember things. 2004 was especially blank for some reason but I’m proud for getting down as much as I did!

2000:
• Turned 16 & got my driver’s license.
• Got my first car: My grandma’s red Ford T-Bird.
• Started my Junior year of high school.

2001:
• Received “the” email from Kevin that began our “romantic” relationship on April 1st and thought he was joking.
• Visited New York City at the beginning of July.
• Started my senior year of high school.
• Found out about 9/11 while walking to my locker after 1st period Spanish class.
• Traveled to visit Kevin in California for the 1st time.

2002:
• Spent many hours in airports and on planes between here and California.
• Graduated from High School as Valedictorian of my class.
• Debated scholarships at Baylor, Texas Tech, and ASU.
• Moved into my first apartment in June.
• Kevin and I became engaged in July.
• Started college at ASU in August.
• Married the love of my life in November.
• Honeymooned in the mountains of California.
• Receive Tootsie as a present from my parents and Kevin.
• Spent my first Christmas away from my family in California with Kevin.
• Whew, this was a busy year!

2003:
• Watched Kevin leave for deployment at beginning of January.
• Continued college…
• Kevin entered Iraq on the first day of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Changed my major to Business from Early Childhood Education.
• Met Kevin’s ship in Hawaii on the 4th of July when he returned from Iraq.
• Spent summer in California with Kevin, Sarah, and Juan.
• Drove home with Kevin when he got out of the Marines.
• Bought our first home in December.

2004:
• Continued college…
• We went to Buick Nationals in Bowling Green, Kentucky with my parents and brother.
• Inducted into Alpha Chi National Honor Society for being in the top 10% of Jrs and Srs at ASU.
• Kevin has panic attack and is diagnosed with PTSD. Scariest day of my life...

2005:
• Continued College…
• Took 18 hours in one semester and made a 4.0 GPA.
• Turned 21 that very same semester…
• Had my first car accident when a teenage girl ran a stop sign.
• Received Reese as a 3rd Anniversary present.
• My Grandpa died on Thanksgiving Day.
• Graduated from ASU in December with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration.
• Started my first “real” job helping teenagers stay in school and find jobs.

2006:
• Sold our first house. Bought our current home.
• Had my second car accident when I hydroplaned in the rain.
• Started working in Accounting.
• Went to Las Vegas with my family & Lacy and Dusty.

2007:
• Bought my Chevrolet Tahoe.
• Returned to school to complete my teaching certificate.
• Kevin and I cruised to Puerto Progresso and Cozumel with Lacy & Dusty.
• We used the cruise to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary…
• Found Gracie by the highway and tried to find her owners but Kevin bought her a bed and dog tags.
• Got my first job as a high school business teacher.

2008:
• Joined Weight Watchers and lost 40 pounds but fell of the horse and haven’t lost anymore.
• Started Blogging
• Survived my first year teaching and loved it.
• Made the hard decision to leave Eden.
• Began teaching computers to Pre-K and Elementary Students.
• Stood as Matron of Honor in Lacy and Dusty’s wedding.
• Traveled to Washington D.C. and Quantico, VA to see Kevin's picture hanging in the United States Marine Corps Museum.

2009:
• Started graduate school at Texas Tech University.
• Kevin started college at Howard.
• Taught Kids Kollege and Senior Adult summer classes for ASU.
• Kevin and I went to Aerosmith and ZZ Top concert in Las Vegas.
• Started my current teaching assignment.
• 10 year anniversary of the death of my Grandma and Gran-Gran.
I hate that they missed so much and miss them everyday.

2010:
I'm praying that 2010 will bring positive, happy, and exciting events in my life and the lives of those I love!!!

1 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Oooh I just saw that you did this! Isn't it nice to have? I'm glad you did too!!!