Sunday, January 24, 2010

Silly me...

I forgot to mention that 2 of the 3 students I took to contest on Friday advanced to State competition! I wish I knew how they actually placed but they don't announce that information. Oh well...I'm very proud teacher right now! Out of the 17 students we took from our school 8 advanced to state! So that means an overnight trip...ugh...3 nights in Fort Worth. 2 days off from school though!

Oh yeah and if anyone actually reads this...please help with some ideas for an Austin area mini vacation! See previous post!

4 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

How exciting! As far as Austin goes...well I'm from Michigan and know nothing about Texas. I've heard it has great food and is super fun though! Try checking out Trip Advisor and look at their "Top 10" things to do there. I've been using it a lot lately to plan our trip to Italy, and it's been really helpful.

Mrs. Jenk said...

Hi Katy-

Both school and my husband and I are teaching her basic sign language. School showed us the words and we've tried to enforce it with them. Highly recommend it when you get those miracle babies!

I made the bee blog template with a set from Funky Playground Designs, I think :)

* Tyly * said...

Katy, they are!! They just found out about the new disctrict-ing yesterday, and San Angelo is in it! Lakeview, not Central. If it's an out of town game, I WILL be at FRANCO'S!!! I MISS THAT PLACE!!!

Linz said...

I wish I could help you with ideas for what to do in Austin, but we don't get out much! Shopping in San Marcos is a good idea and there are more great restaurants here than we know what to do with!

I highly recommend Kerby Lane for breakfast, but it is always really busy so the earlier the better! I also recommend Trudy's...great mexican food!

Depending on the weather, Zilker Park and Town Lake are fun to stroll around.

Hope that helps a little!