Sunday, February 28, 2010

On The Road Again...

I wouldn't say I can't wait to get on the road again but that is where I will be shortly...BPA state competition is next week so in just few days I will loading buses with ever adorable teenagers to make the trek to Fort Worth. This is of course after administering TAKS tests all day long but that another topic I shall not rant about at this time. It should be enjoyable because we are taking some really good kids. I don't think that they will be much of a problem.

We are going to have a little free time during our trip so we're taking the kids to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. I've gone there once before during elementary school and really enjoyed it. The museum is hosting a special exhibit called CSI:The Experience until May and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. The exhibit arrived in Las Vegas almost immediately after we left there last summer and I was so disappointed we missed it. Tyly, if you or James like any crime shows I suggest you and James attend while you're in Vegas! I'll let y'all know if I liked it when we get back.

I was able to pick up my Tahoe from the body shop on Friday after school! It looks beautiful! I was so happy to be back in it instead of driving the tiny rental car they put me in. I don't know if I could ever go back to driving so low to the ground all of the time. I took it for a spin around town after picking it up just because I was enjoying it so much.

We've had an enjoyable weekend. We headed to Abilene on Saturday which was fun but unfortunately I managed to get sick and we didn't get to stay as long as we wanted. Today I slept in and around 12:30 my parents and brother came over to our house. I was so excited that they came to visit! Justin and I helped Mom cook chicken fried steak, gravy, salad, peas, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and macaroni and cheese! It was so bad for us yet so good. I made a peach cobbler for my dad and he liked it. We watched the olympic hockey game between Team USA and Team Canada while Justin and dad napped in the living room. I really enjoyed getting to have them over. I started slowly packing this weekend for our trip while Kevin is doing homework. My poor guy spends all his time doing homework. I'll be so glad when he's finished with school so he has a little time for himself. Works himself to death during the day, spends all evening in class, and then does homework all night long. I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time I've found him asleep in the computer chair in our office. A half typed sentence about biology (or whatever) will be on the screen. The first half of the sentence usually makes sense and the second half fades into gibberish. Right now he's scheduled to graduate with his associate degree after the 1st summer semester ends (beginning of July.) I'm going to throw him a huge party because I'm so proud of what he has accomplished while working full time! I could NEVER have done it!

2 comments:

* Tyly * said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment and the suggestion in your blog!

I can TOTALLY see where you suggest that I relax and watch some DVRed shows this week. I have had the "I'm not stressed!" mentality all along, but now that it's so close, I am starting to feel the panic emerging. I'm beginning to realize all the little things I need to get done, all the bigger things I need to do, etc. I definitely need to take a chill pill and do some relaxing!

Linz said...

Thanks! They are keeping me on my toes, but it is oh so fun!