Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You might remember...

If you have read my blog for any period of time you might remember this post. It is one of those ironic instances that I'm now about to write another post just like it. Last spring break I managed to come down with the worst case of strep throat I've ever had and a bad bronchial infection. Well fast forward a year and it is time for Spring Break once again. I woke up about 4 am on Saturday morning with the back of my throat and the roof of my mouth itching like crazy! I know exactly what that means so I got up and took a zyrtek-d to try and lesson the effects of the major allergy attack that was coming on. By the time I got up the next morning I already had the beginnings of a full blown chest cold. I have a PCP (primary case physician) that I see now so I decided to wait until Monday to see him instead of going to a walk in clinic. A lot of good that did because Monday morning my PCP coudn't see me until the next Thursday. So I ended up driving myself to the clinic anyway where I actually got seen really rapidly because I was wheezing so badly it freaked out the registration lady. The doc gave me an antibiotic, codeine cough syrup, sudafed, nose spray, an albuterol inhaler, and a shot in the hip. He told me to stay in bed through Wednesday and to keep the inhaler with me for the next 6 weeks because my infection is so bad that I will be having continued bronchial spasms until at least then. I actually managed to sleep for 3 straight hours the other night. That is the most at any one time so far. I guess I'm just doomed to always spend my spring break sick in bed. I'm just glad I'm not having to take any days off of work because of it. My voice has been gradually getting worse but it completely disappeared yesterday. I've been texting Kevin from across the room when I need to say something. Oh well...I'm just hoping it comes back before this weekend because Kevin's birthday is on friday and we're supposed to attend a wedding on saturday.

Let's catch up a little since my last post. Trip to Fort Worth with the BPA kids went great. They behaved like angels and we had a lot of fun. If anyone is ever in Fort Worth I highly suggested you check out the CSI exhibit at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze that is at the stockyards. The kids had so much fun! I was completely exhausted by the end of the trip though. We got home around 10:30 on Saturday night and I crashed for the rest of the weekend. This last week at school took forever and the kids acted HORRIBLE. I hate when they get spring fever. It is going to be a long 2 more months if they don't shape up. Well it is time for me to take more cough syrup and then I will be out. It makes me pretty loopy. Apparently I hung up on my mom yesterday while she was in the middle of talking but I don't remember even being on the phone. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable spring break!



0 comments: