Tuesday, April 20, 2010

11 Weeks

I've decided to update about the baby weekly instead of boring you with every post.  There will still be a few catch up posts but not much.  This is a lofty goal for a bad blogger such as myself but I want to remember this.  I will try to find something else to post about periodically and try to be interesting.


11 Weeks
-I've felt pretty good this week.  Morning sickness has been very few and far between.  There is definitely muscle behind all the fat on my stomach because I feel like I've done 100 crunches!
-Hormones have reared their ugly head this week.  My puppy Reese hasn't been feeling well and I just cried and cried because I couldn't make her feel better.
-I worry about this baby constantly.  My doctor has reassured me over and over again that all the medicines I took while sick are ok for the baby but I just can't stop thinking about it.  My cough is finally starting to dissipate.  You know...that cough I've had since March 12th.  Yeah.
-A few people at work know about the baby now and that has made life much easier.  It was very hard to hide the nausea and indigestion.  Also easier without the nausea because as sad as it is...teenagers know pregnancy symptoms better than adults and I'm not telling the students.  They'll figure out on their own soon enough.
-I am in LOVE with peaches.  Cold diced peaches drive me absolutely crazy.  More than chocolate.  We cannot keep enough in the house.  Other than that...most things still taste funny or just aren't appetizing.
-Somehow I lost 5 pounds between Friday and Sunday.  I know it is probably because I'm eating healthier and much smaller meals but it was still weird.
-Next week is TAKS testing.  I'm really hoping they assign me as a hall monitor because I'll feel bad for whoever relieves my room.  I have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes it seem which is not easy when you are a teacher!

Development this week from babycenter.com
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

1 comments:

Kim H. said...

I'm cracking up over the peaches... I've been the same way! All sorts of fruit... and I even have made John and the baby take a trip to Olive Garden with me so that I could have some salad that I was dying for! I am happy though that the cravings at least are for healthy things! :-)