Tuesday, April 27, 2010

12 Weeks-Say No To Fritos!



12 Weeks (www.babycenter.com)


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.



My Week
-I was only really nauseous 1 day this week.  This baby does not like Fritos.  
-It still takes me several tries to get my teeth brushed in the mornings because I gag and lose my breakfast on a regular basis.  Evenings aren't as bad.
-This is TAKS testing week at school.  ugh
-Heartburn has hit with a vengeance.  I had 1 chocolate chip cookie and thought I was going to die.  Tums are my best friend.
-My unmedicated allergies have been HORRIBLE for the last 2 months but they are finally not as severe.  Still miserable but I'm not losing my voice at work anymore and can get through a lesson without an embarrassing coughing fit.  The cough it still here...just very few and far between now.  
-I really feel my stomach stretching on the weekends.  I still just look fat and will look that way until the very end but I can actually feel my muscles get sore as they stretch.
-Our truck was broken into this weekend right in front of our house.  Several houses on the block were hit.  They stole a lot of Kevin's expensive work equipment.  We lived here for 4 years with no problems until now!  Makes me so mad!
-I'm attending a friend's baby shower on Friday!  I got a little overwhelmed trying to pick out her present thinking about all the things we will need and there are WAY too many choices... 
-Kevin has been fantastic through all of this.  He brings me breakfast in bed everyday...
-Did I mention I hate TAKS week?

3 comments:

emmsugar said...

Hi Friend,

Based on wives tales, you are having a girl!!!! :) That's my guess. I hope you start to feel better soon. Do you have facebook or AIM? I would love to chat with you sometime. Have a good one.

Linz said...

Yes, you probably did get an email from me today. I am the marketing manager for Career and Technology Association of Texas. I had someone else I know ask me the same question today. I am in fact that Lindsey Jost. Small world!

Linz said...

Are you planning on going to the conference?