Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I am THAT girl...

I have a handful of talents and basketfuls of weaknesses. I can't sing, play sports, dance, tell jokes, be fearless, take a hint, lose weight, be charming, be outgoing, not have allergies...the list goes on and on...

Although...there is something that I can do...

I have always been THAT girl...you know...the one that everyone either loves or hates to have in their class. I CAN do well on tests...always have. I have a somewhat photographic memory. I am just a good student. I enjoy listening in class. Things I hear or read just tend to stick with me really well. Like I said before...you either love being in class with me because you want to be my partner on a group project or get copies of my notes...or you hate having me in class because I always tend to ruin the grading curve.
  I ruin the curve because I do well on tests...


BUT...there is one type of test that I have never passed. I've taken many in recent years. More than than my fair share some people might say. I didn't understand what was wrong with me.
 Then...on March 26th, 2010 around 9 pm...I took the test once again...
fully expecting to fail one more time.

But I didn't fail this time...I passed!!!



In fact...I passed that test a total of 8 times over the next 2 days!  lol (Yes, I realize taking 8 is ridiculous but I promise I'll tell you a good explanation soon...)

But before I get to that...let me take the time to introduce...

Baby J @ 9 weeks on April 6th, 2010


We had our first doctor appointment today.  It went well and were able able to hear the baby's heart beating quickly at approximately 170 beats per minute.  
I am now 10 weeks along and due on November 9th, 2010. 

Kevin and I are beyond thrilled, scared to death, and extremely blessed!!!

11 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Oh Katie....I'm totally that girl too. I haven't tried passing the pregnancy test, but for some reason it scares me more than any test I've ever taken. I'm so happy for you and can't imagine how excited you must be right now! I haven't been blogging lately, but still reading. Can't wait to hear more about your journey being pregnant. You're going to do great!!

* Tyly * said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! God answered your prayers!!!

I am SOO happy for you!!!

Linz said...

Congratulations!!! How very exciting!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness! This is such wonderful news! Woo-hoo to one of the sweetest boggy buddies I know out there! I'm so, so, so happy for ya'll! God is so good!

Harky's Soulmate said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally jumping up and down when I read this! My hubby was looking at me as if I had two heads. I am so very happy for you and your husband. What a blessing!!!!!!! Thank you for commenting on my post and sharing such a wonderful post with me. GOD is good!!!

Any future plans of coming to Chicago??? :)

Amy Holifield said...

Yay, Katy!!! I'm so happy for you and Kevin! I'll be praying for a happy, healthy 9 months. If you need any tricks to curb morning sickness, I'm your girl. Although, I never really curbed mine, so maybe I'm not! Congratulations, sweet girl, you'll be a fantastic mother.

Mrs. Jenk said...

God is so good! You are in for such amazing moments in the coming weeks, months and years. I can't wait to see your little one on the blog. Amazing how much you already love them, huh? Congrats!

Tabriah said...

Congratulations!!! Passing that test is truly a blessing from God.

Tabriah said...

Hi Katy, I just read that you have PCOS. I do too and it took me five years to pass that test. The second time around it only took me two months. I have actually found that everything is quite different after baby #1 and that is why it was so easy with baby #2. I only waited 10 months to start trying again after baby #1...so, I hope the changes last...Congratulations!

RN Mama said...

Hi there! I came over from Tyly's blog, and I just wanted to say congratulations! My first daughter was also born in November, on my birthday:)

Becky said...

YIPPPEEEEEE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!