Tuesday, May 4, 2010

13 Weeks-My Little Shrimp

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

My Week
-Sundays have a pattern of being a serious nausea day.  Again...the rest of the week is pretty ok until I brush my teeth.
-I survived TAKS tests.
-These allergies will never go away...never.
-Everything is still very unreal to me.  Each time I wake up I have to ask myself if I've been dreaming.  I don't know when it will seem "real".
-My cousin had her baby boy on Saturday.  I haven't been able to see him yet but I'm so excited!  I cannot believe that our babies will only be 6 months apart.
-It amazes me how looking back I can see how God has been subtly guiding instances in my life.  There were several situations that occurred that were hard to understand at the time but now I can see how they have shaped me.  For example: If you've read backward in my blog, you'll remember that Kevin and I acquired some debt when I was working part-time last year and had to pay out of pocket for cobra health insurance.  I came to the realization this week that we wrote the final check and paid everything off on the weekend I should have found out I was pregnant.  But of course...I didn't find out until weeks later.
-God has really made a change in my heart recently.  Just a few years ago I would have been devastated at the thought of having a baby and not being able to stay at home with it.  God has changed some circumstances in my life along with changes in the lives of those I love that make the idea of working more bearable.  Although it isn't my first choice, it is the best for my baby and our family.  Children get sick and they need health insurance!  It was devastating when my mom lost her job as a clerk when the prison closed but now she will be able to watch the baby during the day for me which is a HUGE blessing!  I have a job that allows me to leave work at 4 pm each day and gives me almost 3 months off each summer.  I will also have quite a bit of time off during next school year after delivery and then I'm hoping the spring will go by quickly.  At this point, I feel better with my mom watching the baby than I would doing it myself!  lol Getting pregnant has made me realize just how little I actually know about babies and it is terrifying!!!  Kevin and I have decided to re-evaluate my working situation at the end of each school year.

-I had a blast at my friend's baby shower last week!  I was able to see several of the teachers I used to work with in Eden.  I miss them so much!
-18 more school days!
-Kevin is being inducted into Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society this week.  I'm so proud of him!

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

I love the peace that you can read into this post. :-) Those 3 months off this summer will be great - although at that point you'll have more energy... so remember to get the things done that you want done this year!! :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

oh, brusing my teeth was brutal - I almost always ending up throwing up. which I then had to repeat the whole process.

try a neti pot, if you don't have one already. it should help your sinuses & allergies.

Lindsey said...

The conference is supposed to be really good this year. We have a lot of cool sessions and tours planned. I would normally be there, but now that I am working on a contract basis, I'm not required to go. I like what you said about how God work things out. Never in a million years did I think I would be working from home. That is awesome that your mom will be able to watch the baby. All of our family lives three hours away. :(

AndreaLeigh said...

you won my giveaway! email me your info, please. congrats girl!