Tuesday, May 18, 2010

15 Weeks-An Apple *Updated*

*The baby's heartbeat has been regularly staying in the 150's to low 160's.  I didn't want to forget.  
*I ordered a snoogle pillow on Monday evening and it arrived today!  That is amazingly fast for out here.  Hopefully it will help the back pain I've been having.  Otherwise we might permanently move into the guest room.  I'd go by myself but I'd miss Kevin too much!


Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
My Week
-Finally have my classroom back!  BUT...I've been at training M-W.  I'm hoping my students are actually getting something accomplished.   They don't have many grades with being homeless for 2 weeks and all...
-The training has been Princeton Review training and I'm enjoying it.  I'm learning to prepare students for taking the ACT.  Much of what I've learned has been test taking strategies such as process of elimination, guess & check, skip the harder questions...BUT we're also learning MUCH more.  My brain hurts.  Especially on the Algebra, Geometry, and Trig tests.  Those parts of my brain have cobwebs from being neglected for a VERY long time.  Right now I'm hoping this baby is listening and learning...ha...he/she may have to help mom.
-Speaking of the baby...remember how we didn't really celebrate mother's day?  Well there is one thing that we did do.  We made a purchase...or rental really.  I have had the immense pleasure of listening to my little darlin's heartbeat multiple times in the last week.  Kevin and I rented a fetal doppler and have had a blast using it!  I promise we're not bugging the baby constantly.  It is so fun to find the heartbeat.  There have been a few nights when the baby has been stubborn and won't come out of play but it is ok.  I haven't "panicked" which is what my mom assumed I would do.  I just didn't worry about it and tried again in the next day or so.  When I start having physical stomach pain...then I'll panic. And yes...I spoke to my doctor about it and she said it was fine.  It was only about $20 a month!  I found out about it from this post on K. Law's baby blog!  Once I saw her video of it I knew I wanted one myself!  But don't worry....you won't be seeing any videos of my fat rolls on here...so rest easy everyone.
-I had the WEIRDEST sensation in my stomach while I was in class yesterday.  It was like a pushing from the inside out and it pushed against the table in front of me.  I know it is probably gas since I'm not really far enough along to feel the baby yet but it was definitely the weirdest gas that I've ever felt.  It just pushed straight out and didn't go up at all.
-I have been feeling very good this week other than I cannot keep my eyes open.  This probably has to do with the fact that I sit in a room for 8 hours a day (yes I'm having to work from 8-5 this week) listening to someone else talk.  It's much easier when I'm the one doing the talking.  Our poor trainer...I think he thinks that I'm narcoleptic even though I haven't actually fallen asleep.  Just a LOT of head bobbing...
-I have so much to do before school gets out for summer but I kind of just want to bury my head in the sand (aka my bed covers)...
-Well I wanted to write more but I've GOT to get in bed now.  I didn't get home until almost 9.  Immediately after training today I had to run home, freshen up, and head right back up to school for the Academic awards assembly.  I was so "kindly" volunteered to hand out the career & technology department awards.  Yes that was slightly sarcastic.  Oh wait...it gets better...none of my students got any of the awards...because I wasn't asked who I wanted to submit like ALL the other teachers were.  humph.  I had to sit on the stage facing the audience.  yeah.  great.  I just keep reminding myself...9 more working days and then 2 glorious months of summer!!!

1 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm so glad you got a doppler and can listen to the HB. I had an anterior placenta so I never could pick it up on my own at home.