Monday, June 21, 2010

Boy or Girl?

Tomorrow is the big day!  The day we find out if our future is full of snips, snails, and puppy dog tails or of sugar, spice, and everything nice!  That is...if our little boy or girl will cooperate tomorrow.  I certainly hope that he/she will.  I'm anxious...hoping that everything will go ok.  I worry about this baby all of the time.  Am I eating enough vegetables?  Drinking enough water?  I still tend to wake up and find myself sleeping halfway on my stomach and I worry if I've squished it!  My mom says the worry is just getting started.  I know she is right and I would trade it for the world.  Kevin is absolutely glowing today.  He has been talking about tomorrow's scan all day long.  It just swells my heart to see him so happy.  I worry about Kevin too.  He works all the time...very rarely gets home before 7 pm.  Then he starts his homework.  Last night I got up to go to the bathroom at 5 am and he was still in the office typing away.  I worry how the lack of sleep is affecting his health and then I worry about him driving and running his equipment while exhausted.  I will be so happy when this summer semester is over on July 7th.  He is only taking 1 class next month so it should a little easier and then he will be completely finished with his associates degree!  I'm so proud of him but I don't want him to kill himself trying to accomplish it.  We don't really have any immediate plans for his degree but it feels so good to know he will have it.

I hope I can sleep tonight between the excitement of tomorrow and the fact that I've been tossing and turning for the last several nights.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make myself sleep on my side?  I bought a snoogle pillow which sorta works but I get so hot with it on and usually have to take it off of the bed after a few hours.  I hope I'm not squishing our poor child!

I hope everyone had a great Father's day weekend!  Kevin did receive a card and a TomTom for his first Fathers day.  I had been looking to replace his TomTom that was stolen and found a good sale last week.  He spent the entire day at home working on homework except for a few hours when he went to check on jobs for work so I can't say it was really a fun day but I hope he was happy.

Well here is your chance to register a guess on the gender of Baby J!  Leave a comment telling me what your guess is!  My appointment isn't until tomorrow afternoon so I may not be able to get on here until late tomorrow evening.  I've received my items I ordered in the mail so as soon I get a chance I will be hosting my first giveaway!  Maybe I'll make the giveaway retroactive and pick a random name from among the guesses!

4 comments:

Harky's Soulmate said...

My guess is.....Girl :) Can't wait to hear the news!!!!

Kim H. said...

I'm gonna choose boy - just because :-) I can't wait to hear!!

* Tyly * said...

It's a ... BOY! Just a random guess. I can't wait to hear! :)

Linz said...

Darn. I just now read this and you already posted on Facebook that it's a girl so I didn't get to guess!

Congratulations!!!!

As far as sleeping on your side, I just propped myself up with pillows, but you're right, it does get hot!