Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Shower & Nursery

Kevin and I had several wonderful women throw us an amazing baby on last saturday, October 2nd, 2010.  We didn't expect a large turn out so my mom offered to have the shower at her new house.  We have had one other family get together there this year and it worked fine for about 20-25 people.  My aunts, Sheila and Jonelle, my cousin Khanni, and my brother's girlfriend Alicia hosted the shower and it was beautiful!  They got decorations in shades of light and dark purple to match Karleigh's bedding and had an adorable lady bug cake made by a fantastic bakery in town.  We were completely surprised when over 50 people showed for the shower!  It was quite packed in my mom's house and it took Kevin and I almost the entire time to open presents.  We received many nice things and cannot believe that so many people took the time out to come see us.  I was very shocked to see people come in all the way from Brady, Midland, and Abilene.  

We received a swing, a bouncer, a play gym, diapers, wipes, clothes, shoes, bows, stuffed animals, books, blankets, towels, wash clothes, bottles, spoons, suction bowls, picture frames, bibs, socks, and giftcards.  We did receive several duplicates and will have to return some things but that will allow us to get several of the things we are still missing.  Morris & Judy got us the play yard that we wanted.  Karleigh is going to sleep in the play yard for the first several months at least.   We chose the Chicco Lullaby LX play yard in Fuego.  I really loved the red and decided that it would work for both girls or boys.  My parents got us the Chicco Cortina travel system which includes the stroller and carseat.  We finally have a spot for Karleigh to ride in the car and to sleep if she comes now!

I do have some pictures and will be back to update this post with pictures as soon as I receive a few more from people who are supposed to email me.  I do have a baby bump and some people who have seen me before say its very obvious but I still do not look pregnant to everyone.  Many strangers are very surprised when they realize that I'm pregnant and not just fat.  One of the penalties I pay for being overweight before baby I guess.  

Karleigh's room is not complete although it is getting very close.  Paint is on the walls, her furniture is setup, her glider rocker arrived, and we've even attempted to hang a few things on the walls.  The letters of her name that I painted are currently hanging but still need to be rehung.  They slant pretty obviously up and to the right.  We still have several room decorations at a store here in town that we are going to go get such as the mobile for her crib, a lamp, a diaper stacker...etc.  I love to go sit in the glider in her room and just look around.  It makes me so happy.  I can't believe it is getting so close to Karleigh's arrival!!!


0 comments: